Lately I’ve been setting up a back-end script for one of our customers. The full script creates Domain users, generates passwords and emails the manager/CEO the user information.
This post will only contain the Email function, more functions will be posted later.
After setting up a new domain and deploying SCCM 2012 I came to realize how much work it actually is to set up new applications.
I have made a script which creates AD groups and Collections.
I’ve always liked VB scripting, but I have officially converted to Powershellism (?!).
If you’d like to convert your old VBS scripts to Powershell check this out…
Understanding how the Configuration Manager client works is a crucial part of troubleshooting.
Here you will find information about how to retrieve policies from the SCCM server.
The basic goal of a site search is to find information quickly. Because searches rely on the same setting as any other WordPress page when determining the number of listings to show, we have to get a little creative in order to show a different amount.
The last few days I’ve been working with Powershell. The idea behind this function is to customize folders. In my case I needed to make sure that the file path does not contain spaces, yet show user friendly folder names to the end user.
When you want to write special characters in a HTML document sometimes it will interpret it as code. Heres a list of the most commonly used characters and what to replace them with.
Today I implemented Fancybox on the site. Although Wordpress had to be hacked a bit for this to work. By default WP will add a bunch of weird classes and properties that will screw up plugins. This is how I managed to fix it.
Here is the back end script that does all of the work. I’ve made some comments on the script in efforts to keep this post less wordy and more scripty.
Again if you have any specific questions please let me know.
Deployment solution based on SCCM 2012 intregrated with MDT 2012. The idea was to set up a User Driven Installation (UDI) so the IT department would have to do as little as possible during the installation process.
Part of this solution was to manage the clients names, we decided to use the serial number as an identifier…