There are several scenarios where you would need to manually install or uninstall the SCCM agent/client, and here’s a quick guide how to do it!
The SCCM 2012 client is stored on your SCCM server (or additional Management Points) in the Client-folder under SMS_SITECODE (\\SCCMSERVER\SMS_SITECODE\Client\).
You can run the setup using syntax or just simply use the GUI to choose your settings after installation.
If you prefer the scripty way use: ccmsetup.exe /mp:SCCMSERVER /logon SMSSITECODE=AUTO
You can read more about the setup commands at TechNet.
Run ccmsetup.exe, when the client is installed go to Control Panel, press Configuration Manager.
Go to the Site-tab, press Configure Settings to elevate the window and then press Find Site.
Make sure the proper site name shows up and then press OK. The client will now download and apply your client policies.
Uninstalling the client is pretty straight forward.
Open a command prompt (elevated privileges).
Write: C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall
Installation Error Codes:
- 2 – The system cannot find the file specified.
- 5 – Access denied.
- 52 – You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. Make sure there is not a duplicate name in DNS and that 2 machines don’t have the same IP in DNS.
- 53 – Unable to locate – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920852 – cannot connect to admin$ – Computer Browser not started – add File/print sharing to Exceptions in Firewall – turn file and print on.
- 58 – The specified server cannot perform The requested operation
- 64 – The specified network name is no longer available. Source: Windows
- 67 – network name cannot be found.
86 – network password is not correct? Machine Name <> resolved name.
- 112 – Not enough disk space
- 1003 – Cannot complete this function.
- 1053 – The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
- 1068 – The dependency service or group failed to start
- 1130 – Not enough server storage is available to process this command. Source: Windows
- 1203 – The network path was either typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently available. Please try retyping the path or contact your network administrator.
- 1208 – An extended error has occurred. Source: Windows
- 1396 – Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect. (NBTSTAT -a reverse lookup, duplicate IP address)
- 1450 – Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Source: Windows
- 2147749889 – Generic WMI failure (Broken WMI)
- 2147749890 – not found – Source: Windows Management (WMI) – try repair WMI
- 2147749904 – Invalid class – Source: Windows Management (WMI)
- 2147749908 – Initialization failure – Source: Windows Management (WMI)
- 2147942405 – Access is Denied (Firewall rule? / MacAfee-HIPS?)
- 2147944122 – The RPC server is unavailable. (Dcom is miss-configured for security . http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899965 )
- 2148007941 – Server Execution Failed
when i install sccm client then an error occured
setup was not launched from CcmSetup.exe.Please run CcmSetup.exe to install ConfigMgr Client
That is correct, you need to install via CcmSetup.exe.
Try the syntax used in the article.
I tried installing the way you have mentioned but after installation site code is there. If i click on discover its failing. Also Configuration tab is missing. I tried reinstalling after uninstalling the CCM client no luck. Kindly help me in the same.
Please check the "ccmsetup" log under "C:\Windows\ccmsetup\Logs" for clues. Are you using PKI or any other "advanced" configuration?
i installed sccm client manually, though in log files it is showing setup installed successfully, but i am not sure whether it is installed or not.
please tell me steps to ensure installation.
I installed sccm client manually, as push installs will not work in our domain, and in the log files it is showing setup installed successfully. I am not sure whether it is installed or not. The configuration manager is not appearing in the control panel, and i don't know what/where else I can go to configure it.
Are you running a 64-bit OS?
Try running "control smscfgrc" from the command prompt.
I have installed SCCM client manually on different domain machine. It get installed but site code is not turning up on configuration manager as well rest of the entries with the errors in SCCM trace log. How can I fix it? Is this DNS issue or do I need to publish forest of that domain in SCCM server?